Substitute other courses for required SCO prereqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bob_Barker27

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,
I was wondering if anybody accepted by or applying to the Southern College of Optometry knew if I could substitute Organic Chemistry 2 for Biochemistry? What about two courses in Human Anatomy/ Physiology for Microbiology? Also, I have a degree in mechanical engineering, but I wasn't required to take labs with my physics courses. Do you think SCO would waive the physics labs requirement for a degreed engineer? I took several labs in my engineering program that explored principles of physics. Thanks for any feedback.
 
Bob_Barker27 said:
Hey,
I was wondering if anybody accepted by or applying to the Southern College of Optometry knew if I could substitute Organic Chemistry 2 for Biochemistry? What about two courses in Human Anatomy/ Physiology for Microbiology? Also, I have a degree in mechanical engineering, but I wasn't required to take labs with my physics courses. Do you think SCO would waive the physics labs requirement for a degreed engineer? I took several labs in my engineering program that explored principles of physics. Thanks for any feedback.

I highly doubt it, but your best bet is to call the admissions office. Admissions counselors tend to be really helpful.