Substitute other courses for required SCO prereqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bob_Barker27

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I was wondering if anybody accepted by or applying to the Southern College of Optometry knew if I could substitute Organic Chemistry 2 for Biochemistry? What about two courses in Human Anatomy/ Physiology for Microbiology? Also, I have a degree in mechanical engineering, but I wasn't required to take labs with my physics courses. Do you think SCO would waive the physics labs requirement for a degreed engineer? I took several labs in my engineering program that explored principles of physics. Thanks for any feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

Bob_Barker27 said:
Hey,
I was wondering if anybody accepted by or applying to the Southern College of Optometry knew if I could substitute Organic Chemistry 2 for Biochemistry? What about two courses in Human Anatomy/ Physiology for Microbiology? Also, I have a degree in mechanical engineering, but I wasn't required to take labs with my physics courses. Do you think SCO would waive the physics labs requirement for a degreed engineer? I took several labs in my engineering program that explored principles of physics. Thanks for any feedback.

I highly doubt it, but your best bet is to call the admissions office. Admissions counselors tend to be really helpful.