You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Substituting
Started by DrSassyPants
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I get tired of seeing albuterol 90mcg/act and having to call the doctor to pick a specific product. I see pharmacists do it different ways, some just pick 1 and fill it...what do yall do? Is it "illegal" to just pick a brand yourself?
If it's Medicaid, go with Ventolin HFA. I generally go with whatever is cheapest for the patient. I'm seeing a lot of insurance companies starting to deny Proventil HFA and going with Ventolin HFA instead. We rarely dispense ProAir HFA.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ventolin, proair and proventil are not AB rated with respect to each other.
ventolin, proair and proventil are not AB rated with respect to each other.
and the ER is not gonna call for a PA at 8pm
i used to call on it before, but i never got a denial, so now i do it without calling, esp since im doing 600 or whatever
Yes, but when I call the MD I know they will say "that's fine, whatever the patient wants." What MD is going to insist on one over another?? What MD is going to deny a patient an albuterol inhaler?ventolin, proair and proventil are not AB rated with respect to each other.
Yes, but when I call the MD I know they will say "that's fine, whatever the patient wants." What MD is going to insist on one over another?? What MD is going to deny a patient an albuterol inhaler?
A MD that hasn't seen the patient in 2 years?
ventolin, proair and proventil are not AB rated with respect to each other.
aaaaand back in the real world...we just pick the one that's covered and be done with it