succesful abroad experience?

Started by kings2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kings2

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I am planning on taking a year off before medical school. I will be graduating this coming May and am starting to think about possibilities in the year off. Have any of you had successful experiences abroad that you would recommend?

I'm interested in a spanish speaking country (i am fluent), clinical experience, and compensation if at all possible. Also, do you think it is a bad idea to be abroad while I am applying? (if I apply next June, when would be the best time to go abroad to avoid problems w/ applying/secondaries/interviews, etc ?)