Suggested Study Materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pelleas80

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have been using Shcaums and Barrons AP bio and chem, an old ochem text book, Crack the DAT, Topscore, Crack the PAT, Kaplan and Chad's. I scored in the low 20's on Topscore, Kaplan, and ada practice test, but didn't do as well on the real thing. Any suggestions on study mats other than those mentioned?

Members don't see this ad.

Use DAT achiever. Much harder than the actual test but a great tool because you'll acclimate yourself to a higher test standard. When you take the DAT again it will seem like a cake walk. My advice is to not get discouraged if you score low but do your best to get 20+ in the various sections.

When I studied I used Barron's AP bio flashcards and AP bio Cliffs notes. For chem and ochem I used Chads videos and DAT destroyer. Didn't do much for the other sections aside from practice tests.

Quick way to improve your scores is to answer all the questions you know off the top of your head first and then go back and answer the questions that require some thought. Time management is extremely important. Also on test day relax! My dentist told me that the DAT is not the hardest test you'll ever take so be confident when you take it.