Suggestion Please, Anyone???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crieka

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, Once again I'm in a very dilema. I got my MCAT score, and I felt like lightning has struck me. Anyhow, I got an 18P on the MCAT. My GPA is 3.55. I have 3 yrs of hospital volunteer, tutoring, and a lot of extra curricular activities. Nevertheless, I probably won't get into any school if I apply with my current MCAT score. So I was wondering if you would be kind enough to give me some suggestions on which postbac programs would be the best bet for me? I've done some researches on Creighton, George Town, UCLA-Rap and UCI. Will you please give me suggestions on which programs I should pursue? Your help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

crieka said:
Hi, Once again I'm in a very dilema. I got my MCAT score, and I felt like lightning has struck me. Anyhow, I got an 18P on the MCAT. My GPA is 3.55. I have 3 yrs of hospital volunteer, tutoring, and a lot of extra curricular activities. Nevertheless, I probably won't get into any school if I apply with my current MCAT score. So I was wondering if you would be kind enough to give me some suggestions on which postbac programs would be the best bet for me? I've done some researches on Creighton, George Town, UCLA-Rap and UCI. Will you please give me suggestions on which programs I should pursue? Your help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

hey

you got a (undergrad?) gpa worthy of applying to medical school. Postbac programs are usually used to boost gpas rather than a crappy mcat score. take the test again, study harder, take a review course but make sure your really serious about studying for it. Realize that a good mcat score is all you need unlike us unlucky fools with low gpas. good luck!