Suggestions for additional ultrasound training

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cario12342

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has had good experiences with externships or additional training for ultrasound/diagnostic imaging. My required radiology rotation through my school does not provide any hands-on ultrasound training and it is something I am very interested in and plan to perform in GP. I've contacted a couple of radiologists as well as veterinarian that is certified in ultrasound (certification only allowed after several years in practice) that are near me -- but none are provided any externships currently. Would be looking to book something over the next year, and OK with traveling a good distance.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Messaging you. I did an externship that does a lot of in house imaging that was phenomenal.

Wondering if anyone has had good experiences with externships or additional training for ultrasound/diagnostic imaging. My required radiology rotation through my school does not provide any hands-on ultrasound training and it is something I am very interested in and plan to perform in GP. I've contacted a couple of radiologists as well as veterinarian that is certified in ultrasound (certification only allowed after several years in practice) that are near me -- but none are provided any externships currently. Would be looking to book something over the next year, and OK with traveling a good distance.

Thanks

When I was a fourth year I did NC State's ultrasound rotation as an extern and really enjoyed it. I felt like I got a decent amount of hands-on experience for being a student, which still isn't too much, but way more than in a regular radiology rotation elsewhere. I'm not sure how things are going to play out here with people traveling due to Covid but hopefully in the next year it gets better.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey. Sonopath has a great course and online resources. They have an education center you can to for a weekend for ultrasound training