Technology Suggestions for an Android and Web based EMR ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

navysteve2011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm a third year internal medicine resident about to head off to attending land and I need help finding an adjunct electronic medical record or database system to help organize my patient panel and streamline creating clinic notes.

The EMR I have to work with on a daily BASIS (AHLTA) is atrocious. It's slow, cumbersome, difficult to, input anything (even text), navigate or search and the user interface stinks.

I've resorted to using a note taking app on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8" tablet to keep records of my patients for quick reference and for note taking during my appointments (I can't type and talk and my memory isn't good enough to taken remember all the details we discuss). The app I've settled on recently is Write by Stylus Labs, which is a great, very intuitive and feature rich note taking app (unfortunately it doesn't upload PDFs of you're wondering).

The problem is that I have to transcribe these notes into my EMR, and it doesn't help organize my patient panel and it doesn't help generate clinic notes.

For instance, it would be nice to have a system where I could take or upload notes, copy forward medication lists and past medical history, autogenerate clinic notes (e.g. It creates a PDF or text document that I insert into the official EMR after I've free texted a subjective and plan), and then have a master list of my patients so I could filter or sort or search to quickly review a patient's information and see who needs follow up or who has an active issue that needs my attention.

Obviously this is a total wish list and I don't expect anything to meet all of my expectations, but I just downloaded Doctor @ Work from the Google Play store, and it definitely seems like a big step in the right direction. It doesn't seem to export easily, and I'm not sure it will be able to organize patients the way I want it to. I've also seen clinics use Microsoft OneNote to organize patient panels more efficiently than AHLTA or CarePoint, and I was thinking of keeping a Google spreadsheet, but that seemed too cumbersome and only okay for organization, not the other things I'm looking for.

I wanted to see if anyone else has tried finding an app or system like this.

Thanks,

Steve

Members don't see this ad.