suggestions for classifying my thesis experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jennywren

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everybody!

sorry to add ANOTHER question to the classifying-experience-on-VMCAS-mess, but...

i've got a situation that can't be all that uncommon but i can't seem to find any info on it. during my last year of college i wrote a senior thesis for the anthropology department (my major); i was responsible for everything from start to finish, eg writing the proposal, getting funding, collecting data, analyzing it, and writing the thesis. mine was a study comparing the behavior of captive gorillas to that of gorillas in the wild, and took a year from start to finish, but the actual new-data collection part of it only spanned about ten weeks and was done at a zoo. i've put the whole year in as animal experience, because it was animal-related, but...you see my problem. is it really only the ten weeks that classifies? i'd like to get the thesis in there somehow, because i think it's relevant (and i got honors for it which might help disguise my less-than-stellar gpa)...

in a similar vein, i had a job with my thesis advisor (a primatologist) entering and analyzing data for her own study of captive gorillas. is that animal experience? or just paid employment? obviously there was no hands-on aspect but it required a whole lot of thinking about animal behavior...

clearly my head's spinning in circles. any input is much appreciated. thanks loads!

Members don't see this ad.