Suggestions for college

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sajjy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I havent taken DAT yet and will be taking this Jan for cycle begining from 2008 for 2009 batch.
University of Connecticut
Major- Biomedical Engineering
Minor- Material Science & Engineering
Concentration-Biomaterials
Honors section
cumulative GPA-3.89
Science GPA- 3.97

Have dentist shadowing and couple of volunteering.
Doing research work on nanoparticles.

But i havent taken DAT yet so i am still kinda scared coz that is the only thing is left.

Can u suggest which colleges should i apply to for these stats?

Members don't see this ad.

I havent taken DAT yet and will be taking this Jan for cycle begining from 2008 for 2009 batch.
University of Connecticut
Major- Biomedical Engineering
Minor- Material Science & Engineering
Concentration-Biomaterials
Honors section
cumulative GPA-3.89
Science GPA- 3.97

Have dentist shadowing and couple of volunteering.
Doing research work on nanoparticles.

But i havent taken DAT yet so i am still kinda scared coz that is the only thing is left.

Can u suggest which colleges should i apply to for these stats?

Assuming you do above average on your DAT and interviews, you can apply to any school you want to and would have a decent shot at getting in. Your GPA is excellent.

Thats a great GPA and i know how hard engineering majors can be (although I have never heard anything about Uconn's engineering dept). Still, you cant tell where to apply until you take the DAT. The DAT is the singlemost important thing you can do at this point......so make sure you take it when you are fully prepared, theres no rush to take it January for next year's cycle unless thats when its best for you.

With that major and a 25+ DAT - apply to the best, you'll have good chances at Michigan, UNC, UCONN, Penn, Columbia, even Harvard.

With a 20-21 in the DAT, it becomes a different story completely.

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you for all the replies.

When i was in my 2nd semester of freshman when i had taken only half of pre req courses for dental schools....i took a practice exam conducted by Kaplan at my school....at that time i got AA of 16..assuming that i know more stuff in detail...should increase next time when i take it....lets see...