Suggestions for computer monitor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NJPAIN

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm getting rid of my laptop in the exam room in favor of a desktop with a tiny cpu, wireless keyboard and a monitor.

Do any of you have a suggestion for a particular monitor for use reading MRIs, xrays, etc (other than a 10K medical grade monitor)? That has been one of the real shortcomings of the laptop that pushed me to go with a desktop.

Are any of you using an external monitor for U/S?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm getting rid of my laptop in the exam room in favor of a desktop with a tiny cpu, wireless keyboard and a monitor.

Do any of you have a suggestion for a particular monitor for use reading MRIs, xrays, etc (other than a 10K medical grade monitor)? That has been one of the real shortcomings of the laptop that pushed me to go with a desktop.

Are any of you using an external monitor for U/S?

My RHeum has a 42" plasma for his Phillips 50 US.

I like 24" HDMI or DVI monitors.

Apple LED Cinema Display (27" flat panel) or the Dell UltraSharp U2713HM. Both are excellent choices. I would get the Apple LED if I was you.

Dell 24 or 27 inch works great and is quite affordable --- got mine at Staples for $190 last year - so may be even lower now?