Suggestions for Presentation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DroolyAndPookie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm a fourth year student and I've been asked to prepare a small 30 minute talk in "whatever interests me" to give to the department. My mentor suggested mycosis fungoides b/c it has an interesting technique but implied that many other students have done this subject previously. Are there any other possible topic suggestions? Thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
hard to imagine mycosis being a hot topic for anyone. though now that you mention it it was done by one of our students. The thing is students rarely talk about technique because they dont understand radonc technique yet. that takes some time in residency and its a good idea to refrain from talking about something you dont understand to people more informed on the subject. pick a topic you like and dont worry about technique unless you have an unusally good insight into it.

Talk to the residents in the department you're rotating in (especially the more senior ones). Chances are, they have seen several medical student presentations and know what the expectations are in their department. They may also have ideas on topics.