suggestions for RC section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qwerty934

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello world,

I took my DAT last summer and ended up with 19AA 20 TS 22PAT (16RC 17QR)
Im planning on a retake this summer and Ive purchased Math Destroyer to improve my math score.

I don't really worry about science and PAT sections, however RC is a huge stress.
Im thinking about purchasing Crack DAT Reading and I was wondering if it's worth the money.

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think reading all the questions first really helped me. Then I just scanned the passage to look for the answers. Crack DAT reading is worth the money in my opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think reading all the questions first really helped me. Then I just scanned the passage to look for the answers. Crack DAT reading is worth the money in my opinion.

So I assume you used Search and Destroy after scanning through all the questions then started reading the passage? Also is Crack DAT reading similar to actual DAT?

I felt that if you read the passage before looking at the questions was helpful. This way you can answer most of the questions on your first time going through the passage. If you don't know the answer to a question you would have at least an idea where it might be found in the passage. I finished the reading portion with 5 minutes to spare.

As for material, I couldn't think material could really prepare you that well it would depend on your passages that day. One of my passages required me to know about a certain science experiment to answer some of the questions. I heard bootcamp rc helps people with their timing of that portion of the test.

Just read science articles every day before your test date and try to increase your reading speed.

Last edited:
read science articles of 1 hour every day ... thats really the only way to train for RC. I increased my score in RC from 15 to 22.

Reactions: 1 user