Suggestions for schools to pick?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ATinuviel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just finished getting most of my stuffs together (Transcripts, LoR...etc), and got my 3/27 MCAT back almost a month ago. I was researching on what schools to apply to, but after looking through the lists of schools, their average GPA/MCAT of matriculants, and their mission statements/selection criteria, I'm still a bit lost on what schools I should look for.

I talked to a few people, and they suggest that I look for information on SDN. I've lurked here for a while, but this is my first post here so I apologize if I've forgot to mention other more relevant information.

My basic stat:
College: UCLA
Major: Biology
Minor: None
GPA: 3.722
MCAT: 36R
Extracurricular:
Research: I've gone through quite a few, adding up to ~1 year. One of it is going through the process of being published I believed.
Clinical: ~160hrs of volunteer, may reach 200 by the end of the summer. I also included the amount of time I've shadowed physicians into this.
Work: ~15hrs/wk, starting from late freshman year.
I also tutor Middle school and high school students occasionally over the weekend.

I feel like I'm a little weak on the clinical and research experience, seeing other more competent profiles on this forum. One reason could be that I've taken summer courses every time during the summer, reducing the time I may have for other research and internship opportunities. I'm squeezing out as much time as I can during my last year just to maintain my GPA while still getting in some research and medical volunteer time, at the same time still be able to finish up my personal statement and preparation for applying.

Here's a list of the schools I'm interested in just based on looking at their mission statement and their range of GPA/MCAT, and I'm hoping to get a good range of the scores for which I'm overqualified, just qualified, and a few underqualified one:
USC
Loma Linda
Stanford
UCLA
UCSD
GW University
Georgetown
University of Miami
Emory University
Northwestern University
University of Chicago, Division of Biological Science
Johns Hopkins
University of Maryland, School of Medicine
Boston university, School of Medicine
Dartmouth
Albany Medical College
Cornell
Mount Sinai School of Medicine
NYU
Ohio State University
Pennsylvania State University, School of Medicine
Brown University
Baylor College
University of Texas, San Antonio

If there's anything I'm specific looking for, it's probably that I'm not going for any mixed programs like MBA/MD, or MD/PhD.

Any feedback would be extremely helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

If you're going to apply to San Antonio, you might as well apply to all the TX schools. Consider Tulane, Creighton, Virginia, Temple, SUNY.