Suggestions for Updating Physician Scientist FAQs Wanted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I added it to my FAQ thread. :) I should really add more things to it. It's been so long since I started it (it was the first SDN sticky thread), that I forget it's there :laugh: If anyone has any suggestions for threads to add to that please feel free to let me know.
What do you think about combining our stickies into one?

Members don't see this ad.

In our quest to take over the world, Neuro and I have meshed all the FAQs. I would like to organize the posts so that both MD/PhD and research MD wannabes will find them useful and can navigate them easily. While we're doing this, do any of you all have suggestions for other topics that would be helpful to cover? I would particularly like comments from those of you who are *not* MD/PhD or DO/PhD combined program students (PhD-to-MD, research MD, MD/MS etc.). But if the combined program folks have other burning issues that have not yet been addressed, please feel free to post them here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Perhaps you could include the threads regarding stipend and summer rotations. Although neither is a deal-breaker, both are (somewhat) important and that kind of information isn't readily available on most programs' websites...let alone all together in one place

Perhaps you could include the threads regarding stipend and summer rotations. Although neither is a deal-breaker, both are (somewhat) important and that kind of information isn't readily available on most programs' websites...let alone all together in one place
Would you mind posting links to the threads that you'd like to see included?

Neuro, I copied your first post and used it to make a TOC to organize the sticky. I'd like to remove some of your shorter one sentence posts that have one link in them from the sticky so it's not as long, and just let them be regular threads in PS. :thumbup: or :thumbdown: ?

I appreciate the link to my Re-App FAQ :D

I am also going to update my Research Forum FAQ, and you might want to link that too, though I don't know where it would go - common research questions?

I appreciate the link to my Re-App FAQ :D

I am also going to update my Research Forum FAQ, and you might want to link that too, though I don't know where it would go - common research questions?
Great idea; your research thread definitely deserves more readers than it's getting all tucked away in the subforum. Done.

There could be much worse world leaders :laugh:
Really? Name ten. :smuggrin: ;)

What about some info for people wanting to do MD/PhDs in non-traditional areas? :)

No suggestions, just a big "Thank You" to both QofQ and Neuronix for consolidating all the FAQ into one sticky; it is very user-friendly! :)