Medical Suggestions/Help Planning out the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just want to say thank you to anyone reading this. Any sort of help or guidance would be appreciated.

I am a URM, Black Male, from NY at a T25.
Current GPA: 3.07
Current sGPA: 2.59

GPA by years
Fall 2018: 2.5 with a C+ in Calc I, C- in Bio 1 Spring 2019: 2.65 with a D+ in bio 2, C+ in physics 1 Summer 2019: A in Chem 1 at CC
Fall 2019: 3.77 with A- in both Chem 2, Physics 2 Spring 2020: 2.86 with a C in Bio 2 (Retake)

I have about 8 upper div science courses including Biochem, Anatomy, Physiology, Motor Control plus Stats and OChem 2.

ECs: 1000 hours as a student assistant athletic trainer (works with PTs/ATs doing rehab for D1 athletes), 750 hours as a direct support professional, 240 hours as specimen collector/receptionist, 60 hrs volunteering/tutoring high schoolers, 640 hours between freshman summer and sophomore summer working at a High-Education Non-Profit.

Assuming I get all As, my sGPA will be a 3.3. Will that be enough to get into a state school? I've been thinking about a post-bacc, SMP, or a DIY courses at CC. Given my situation which would be the best.

A big reason for the GPA jump was being diagnosed with ADHD and receiving meds to help. How much will adcoms see this diagnosis as a crutch?

Any advice/suggestions will be helpful. Thank you
If you can get a 3.3 AND have a good
MCAT score AND are URM, you MAY have a shot.

Your best option would be to do a DIY post bac, ace it, then do well on your MCAT. Regardless, make sure you apply to DO as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.