1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions on Private Loans

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by happyface68, May 7, 2007.

1. happyface68

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Does anyone have suggestions on which private loans (i.e. lowest interest rate, long grace period) we should take to pay for pharmacy school? Thanks ahead!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Farmercyst

Farmercyst From the shadows
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Probably a good idea to check the Finance Forum on this one. (I personally don't know.)

4. Doctor Chief

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    The best thing to do is compare the different private lenders out there, which can be done at http://www.finaid.org/loans/privatestudentloans.phtml
    Most of the rates are very similar but do a little research and pick one that you think is best. With all the student loan scandal out there, it is up to the consumer to find out the info on the best product. You can't just trust financial aid advisors anymore.
    I would suggest Think Financial. The application process is very quick and easy, and the check is sent directly to you so you can use the money for whatever you want. The limits are much higher with private student loans, up to $40,000 per year. You can find out more information about a Think loan at http://www.thinkfinancial.com . Good Luck.

5. Butterfly918

Butterfly918 OU Bound!
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Thanks Doc! That was helpful information for me! :D :clap: