Suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

penguinophile

MetalHead
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently blessed enough to be invited to a second look at MCGs MD/PhD program. My problem is that I am still waiting to hear back from UAB (where I would much rather go), and I'm still waiting on rejection/interview invite from Pritzker, Emory, and Harvard. The director never used the word "accepted" when he called, he just wanted to know if I was still interested in MCG, which I am...., but I was wondering if it would be considered rude to try and schedule a second look that is a little bit later (as in around a month from now) so I could hopefully hear and know whether I should waste their time. I don't want to go for no reason, but I also don't want them to think I'm not interested in their program at all.

Any thoughts? :barf:
 
can't you just tentatively accept? i usually find that honesty is the best policy. no one wants to beat around the bush in matters of admission. i was in a similar situation with a school i wasn't absolutely keen on, and i just contacted the directors and told them i'm still not sure yet (waiting on other schools). they said to just accept it for now and then withdraw later, so I guess in your case, you could just schedule a late 2nd look, and then cancel if necessary as soon as you find out from your top choice.