Suggestions ????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I wish I know this forum earlier. It seems so helpful.

I would love to hear any suggestions about my situation. Thanks.

I took Pcat in Jan 09 and scored 5% only :(. Retook in June 09 (almost cancelled the test because I did not feel ready yet) and chose "no score" after I finished the Math section.

Now, I am pretty much ready for the August test but I realize that you can not jump up 50% one time and your score will be cancelled.

What should I do? take both tests in August and October ? do I have any other option? Schools that I am applying, all need Pcat :(.

Please help ! Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You seem to have no choice but to take it again. If you are ready for August, take it then. If you go up 50 points, they will cancel your score and you can appeal. I suggest worrying about that later if it comes down to that.

In the meantime, I would strongly suggest expanding your list to include some non-PCAT schools. With your PCAT scores, there is a real chance that you will not get into any of your schools and you'll be back here doing this again next year. You can't afford to be too picky.

You seem to have no choice but to take it again. If you are ready for August, take it then. If you go up 50 points, they will cancel your score and you can appeal. I suggest worrying about that later if it comes down to that.

In the meantime, I would strongly suggest expanding your list to include some non-PCAT schools. With your PCAT scores, there is a real chance that you will not get into any of your schools and you'll be back here doing this again next year. You can't afford to be too picky.

Thank you diastole.