Suggestions

Started by Cyn0612
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cyn0612

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I am a third year Chemistry major/biology minor with a GPA of 3.96. I will be expecting my BS in May 2011. I took the PCAT in this January, my composite grade was 76. My quant and chem scores were in low 90%, but my reading score is ridiculously low, 19% 🙁 I am considering retaking it in Aug, but don't know how my reading score will improving since it has always been my obstacle. I am not a native speaker and I just wanted to see to what rank of schools should I be looking at? Do you think that I should even be looking at schools like the University of Maryland?

I do have some volunteering experiences, 1 year of on-campus student assistant experience, and am currently holding officer positions in a pharmacy related student association and our chemistry student association.
Another downside is that I did not have any time to work at as a pharmacy tech due to my schedule.
 
Hi I am a third year Chemistry major/biology minor with a GPA of 3.96. I will be expecting my BS in May 2011. I took the PCAT in this January, my composite grade was 76. My quant and chem scores were in low 90%, but my reading score is ridiculously low, 19% 🙁 I am considering retaking it in Aug, but don't know how my reading score will improving since it has always been my obstacle. I am not a native speaker and I just wanted to see to what rank of schools should I be looking at? Do you think that I should even be looking at schools like the University of Maryland?

I do have some volunteering experiences, 1 year of on-campus student assistant experience, and am currently holding officer positions in a pharmacy related student association and our chemistry student association.
Another downside is that I did not have any time to work at as a pharmacy tech due to my schedule.


No worries. Many people got in without PharmTech experience. You are good enough to apply any schools I believe.
 
You need to check and see what the minimum PCAT scores are. Some schools require at least a 25 in each subsection. For those schools, you have to retake the PCAT and score the minimum.