sullivan COP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cschellh

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I see tons of you guys have already gotten interviews @ Sullivan!

Awesome.. congrats! =)

I was just wondering if you could let the rest of us know your stats..?

I can't believe interview season is already here!! :)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! <3

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! I see tons of you guys have already gotten interviews @ Sullivan!

Awesome.. congrats! =)

I was just wondering if you could let the rest of us know your stats..?

I can't believe interview season is already here!! :)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! <3

Well I just sent my app in today! We'll see :) How long did it take for everyone to find out if they got an interview?

Well, though I submitted my application about three weeks ago, I know my 2nd reference didn't mail his form until last week and I received an email this past Tuesday inviting me for an interview. I was very surprised as I was not even sure they had all of my information. So, it appears they are pretty on the ball!

Members don't see this ad :)
It took them about a week or so after I submitted my immunization records, but I had my app in for about a week before that. They do respond pretty quickly!

It took them about a week or so after I submitted my immunization records, but I had my app in for about a week before that. They do respond pretty quickly!

That is amazing! :) What are your stats? You must be so excited! Good luck on your interview! <3

Well, though I submitted my application about three weeks ago, I know my 2nd reference didn't mail his form until last week and I received an email this past Tuesday inviting me for an interview. I was very surprised as I was not even sure they had all of my information. So, it appears they are pretty on the ball!

That is awesome as well! You guys must be thrilled!!! Do you mind sharing your stats??? :)

My stats aren't that impressive which is why I've strategized which schools to apply to where I feel I'll have the best chance. My overall GPA is 3.1 and my PCAT scores are 56 and 58 respectively. I haven't decided whether to retake the PCAT in October or not - I'd really like to increase my scores but I've never been able to adequately prepare since I'm still in school and my classes require my undivided attention. While I have a pretty good record on my class tests, I've never performed that great on standardized tests (ex. SAT, PCAT...). Even though my stats aren't stellar I am determined to get into pharmacy school and prove myself - I'm tenacious like a bull dog and I never give up on a goal!

My stats aren't that impressive which is why I've strategized which schools to apply to where I feel I'll have the best chance. My overall GPA is 3.1 and my PCAT scores are 56 and 58 respectively. I haven't decided whether to retake the PCAT in October or not - I'd really like to increase my scores but I've never been able to adequately prepare since I'm still in school and my classes require my undivided attention. While I have a pretty good record on my class tests, I've never performed that great on standardized tests (ex. SAT, PCAT...). Even though my stats aren't stellar I am determined to get into pharmacy school and prove myself - I'm tenacious like a bull dog and I never give up on a goal!

That is amazing! You should be so proud.. getting an interview is such an accomplishment in itself! That is great! Do you have a bachelors? Good EC's? LOR's? Congrats!!!!! :D

Thanks for the vote of confidence - I am thrilled to get an interview and to have the opportunity to show the admissions staff that I am a well rounded candidate. I will graduate with a B.S. in Chemical Science in 12/09, I have 40 hours of hospital pharmacy experience (volunteer), and 3 pretty strong LOR's (two from professors and one from a pharmacist). When I'm not studying, I spend the majority of my time exercising as it is like breathing to me. I like long distance running and I participate in a variety of intermural sports such as basketball and ultimate frisbee. It doesn't leave me with much time for more meaningful extracurricular activities so I try to incorporate them into my routine. I mentor a local high school cross country running team and in the past I've helped train special olympics track and field athletes.

My GPA isn't so great (2.97), but I have a really awesome LOR (a pharmacist I've work with for 4+ years and a chem TA I had freshman year that I got to know really well). I have a lot of EC and leadership positions, and a lot of job shadowing/work experience in pharmacy. Idk what my PCAT is yet (haven't gotten it in the mail), but it doesn't matter anyway. And if I do say so myself, my Personal statement rocked my world, so it must be good. :rolleyes:

I'm just thrilled they gave me a chance! :D

Thanks for the vote of confidence - I am thrilled to get an interview and to have the opportunity to show the admissions staff that I am a well rounded candidate. I will graduate with a B.S. in Chemical Science in 12/09, I have 40 hours of hospital pharmacy experience (volunteer), and 3 pretty strong LOR's (two from professors and one from a pharmacist). When I'm not studying, I spend the majority of my time exercising as it is like breathing to me. I like long distance running and I participate in a variety of intermural sports such as basketball and ultimate frisbee. It doesn't leave me with much time for more meaningful extracurricular activities so I try to incorporate them into my routine. I mentor a local high school cross country running team and in the past I've helped train special olympics track and field athletes.
\

This is so awesome!!! I bet they like all the EC's.. and that is pretty cool you integrated some of your EC's into a mentoring situation! Good for you, and good luck @ the interview! =) Let us know how it goes!!!!! :rolleyes:

My GPA isn't so great (2.97), but I have a really awesome LOR (a pharmacist I've work with for 4+ years and a chem TA I had freshman year that I got to know really well). I have a lot of EC and leadership positions, and a lot of job shadowing/work experience in pharmacy. Idk what my PCAT is yet (haven't gotten it in the mail), but it doesn't matter anyway. And if I do say so myself, my Personal statement rocked my world, so it must be good. :rolleyes:

I'm just thrilled they gave me a chance! :D

I think that yours will be a really great inspiration to a lot of people! Where there is a will, there's a way! =0) Sounds like your EC (and PS!) was awesome... good job!!! =) I'm really happy for you guys!

Have you finished up your Bachelors?

I'm actually a dual degree (or double major, whatever you prefer to call it), so I won't graduate with a degree until next December at the earliest.