Summer after M1 - how to best catch up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IceDuchess

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just finished my M1 year and need some advice on how to best "fill in the knowledge gaps" from this past year. Basically, I didn't figure out how to efficiently study up until a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, because of this, I can't recall much of the info from the first few blocks of school (including MSK, micro, pharm). I'm planning on using this summer to review as much as I can from this past year.

Any advice on how to effectively catch up with the material? I just downloaded the AnKing deck in hopes that it will help since I am awful at memorizing (first time using Anki). There is just SO much information at this point that I am not sure where to start.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

For this purpose I would just recommend getting boards and beyond and just plugging away a few videos a day and unlocking the relevant Anking cards; I’ve found Pathoma to be the best resource for Path but BnB for pre-path review (biochem, physiology, etc) is pretty solid

During the summer between M1 and M2 I memorized all of the sketchy pharm of what we’d done up to that point and all of sketchy micro through their anki decks. If you do this, add new pharm cards as they come, and keep up with it until boards you’ll hardly ever miss a uworld question on those topics.

The above advice is pretty good, too. If you can find some way to also learn biochem well that’ll help but it might be too much because you shouldn’t be studying all day everyday on vacation. I liked Zanki biochem but most don’t. I heard there might be a deck over pixorize biochem but don’t know if it’s good or not. Most people watch boards and beyond/read FA for biochem.

Reactions: 1 user