Summer Calculus at Different School?

fdgjfg

7+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2013
  1. Medical Student
    Hi, I just have one quick question.

I used the search function, but I didn't find any previous threads that were similar enough to my situation.

I am a freshman at Vanderbilt this year, and I was planning on taking calculus I & II over the summer. However, my family does not live particularly close to campus, so I would have to take it at a local state school, UTC (The University of Tennessee: Chattanooga).

The state school is a good bit less prestigious than my home school, and the classes are likely easier. I was just wondering whether this would appear poorly on my application, especially if I would like to apply to the most competitive med schools.

I might be able to fit it in sometime during normal school year, but this would really be difficult as I would be taking it at the same time as both organic chemistry and biology,
    or I would have to push it back until junior year. I could also try taking it at my regular school during the summer, but I would like to avoid this as it would be quite expensive.

Does anyone have any advice on what course of action I should take?

PsychOut13

Sep 4, 2012
    1. Medical Student
      I attend a top 20 undergrad university and took Calc 2 at a community college back home for reasons similar to your own. I am apply to med school currently and have been accepted at 3 schools (waiting on 2 more decisions as well) so I don't think it had an impact on my application. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Erakis

7+ Year Member
      Jan 24, 2013
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        I come from a relatively unknown undergrad, and had to take calc and trig at one of those fly by night online colleges in order to start physics on time, and I got accepted to a very good school, so you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.