Summer class while studying for OAT?

longhornforlife

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi the summer class i'd be taking is english 2 at my university...it starts on July 15th and ends August 16th...I am scheduled to take my OAT on August 26. Do you think its a wise idea to take one summer class while studying for the OAT? Has anyone done those two together before? Also I am not working and am planning to shadow one more optometrist on UT campus.

Members don't see this ad.

I took my OAT in October while taking a full load of courses...physics, biochem, micro bio, etc. I know I'm not the only one who took it during the school year. I think you'll be fine.

I'm studying for OAT/MCAT and taking a course right now and its pretty hectic, but I know this is mainly because this course I am taking is very lab-intensive and requires a TON of lab-related homework. English crammed into one month sounds pretty intense. If you're free (mostly) until then, try getting all content review done by July 15, then just keep drilling practice OAT questions to keep your mind sharp for OAT by the time your August date rolls around. At least that's what I would do. hope that helps.