Summer classes and PCAT?

Started by Bubblebee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bubblebee

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am planning on taking 2 summer classes (anatomy and statistic), but i am worried it will be too much for me since i am also taking the PCAT this summer in addition to volunteering. Should i just wait to take classes fall semester? If i do well this summer, it could boost my GPA before i apply in August, but i am scared i won't have enough time to study well for the PCAT. What should i do?
 
I am doing the same thing. I am taking Physics I and Physics II during the summer so I can graduate in the Fall. I will be taking the PCAT on July 17th. I plan to just try and study as much as I can in May after the Spring semester and then just fit as much as I can during the summer.
 
I am planning on taking 2 summer classes (anatomy and statistic), but i am worried it will be too much for me since i am also taking the PCAT this summer in addition to volunteering. Should i just wait to take classes fall semester? If i do well this summer, it could boost my GPA before i apply in August, but i am scared i won't have enough time to study well for the PCAT. What should i do?

I took the PCAT in the summer last year, while also taking Anatomy/Physiology I and Chem II.

Worked out fine. Just make sure you study PCAT hard for a solid month, few hours a day.