Summer classes - good or bad?

Started by Anthony T
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Anthony T

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm 21 years old (turning 22 this summer) and I'm already way behind on my pre-reqs (I recently decided that I definitely want to pursue pharmacy school). My current plan is to take all of the pre-reqs at my current 4-year school and get my Bachelor's in Biology.

I want to speed it up since I really should have been graduating this year. I'd to like to apply to Buffalo's program once I finish everything...

However, my school doesn't offer Calc II at the campus I go to (the other campus is all the way in Manhattan) and it doesn't offer Calc I during the summer. Do you think it would look bad if I took Calc I this summer at a local community college that I already have credits from, and maybe Calc II next summer at the same CC?
 
I'm 21 years old (turning 22 this summer) and I'm already way behind on my pre-reqs (I recently decided that I definitely want to pursue pharmacy school). My current plan is to take all of the pre-reqs at my current 4-year school and get my Bachelor's in Biology.

I want to speed it up since I really should have been graduating this year. I'd to like to apply to Buffalo's program once I finish everything...

However, my school doesn't offer Calc II at the campus I go to (the other campus is all the way in Manhattan) and it doesn't offer Calc I during the summer. Do you think it would look bad if I took Calc I this summer at a local community college that I already have credits from, and maybe Calc II next summer at the same CC?

No, it won't look bad.

This doesn't deserve a thread 😴
 
I'm 21 years old (turning 22 this summer) and I'm already way behind on my pre-reqs (I recently decided that I definitely want to pursue pharmacy school). My current plan is to take all of the pre-reqs at my current 4-year school and get my Bachelor's in Biology.

I want to speed it up since I really should have been graduating this year. I'd to like to apply to Buffalo's program once I finish everything...

However, my school doesn't offer Calc II at the campus I go to (the other campus is all the way in Manhattan) and it doesn't offer Calc I during the summer. Do you think it would look bad if I took Calc I this summer at a local community college that I already have credits from, and maybe Calc II next summer at the same CC?

As long as the pharmacy school accepts credits from a CC, I don't think it would be an issue. A very small number of schools actually won't take those credits, so it's worth double checking before you enroll in those classes. (assuming at least one of the calculus classes is a pre-req)

I wouldn't think twice about doing it, though, if I knew the school would take the credits.