Summer classes pre-pharm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjj7171

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm currently a sophmore and will have about 52 credit hours after this semster (even though first year in college) because of some ap credits. Wondering if I should take gen ed summer classes and multiple science classes during fall/spring semester to finish pre-reqs in 2 years OR if I should spread out my difficult classes (org chem I &II, anat and phys I & II, micro, biochem, physics) within three years. If I didn't take summer classes I would focus on volunteering, work experience, and pcat studying ( have none of each).

Advice needed!!!

I'm leaning toward no summer classes even though it would delay the process a whole year.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

My advice and this is just my opinion. I would spread it out and take the time to become a well rounded applicant.

I took summer classes to get them done as quick as possible.

Every year you are not in pharmacy school is $100,000 in salary you are not making.

IMO

Members don't see this ad :)
I took summer classes. Micro, Bio1 as well as gen ed classes online. Wanted to get classes over with so I could get into pharmacy school sooner.

I suggest you take all your science requirements ASAP so they are under your belt before you take the PCAT. It makes studying that much easier.