Summer classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweet_t00th

Reaction score
Do you think admissions consider what grade you get during summer school before making a decision for the lower GPA/lower DAT applicants? (Assuming you told them your planned courses for summer, fall, etc.)

Members don't see this ad.

I might not be understanding the timeline of this question, but wouldn’t dental school start during summer school?

Reactions: 1 user
I might not be understanding the timeline of this question, but wouldn’t dental school start during summer school?
Sorry, I meant summer school right now. I have two more pre-requisites that I’m currently taking.

Do you think that’s why they’re taking so long before making a decision?
For example, on western’s portal it says I have everything (with a green check mark) except my two prerequisites (which has red x’s). I’m assuming they’re waiting for my final grades before they decide?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, I meant summer school right now. I have two more pre-requisites that I’m currently taking.

Do you think that’s why they’re taking so long before making a decision?
For example, on western’s portal it says I have everything (with a green check mark) except my two prerequisites (which has red x’s). I’m assuming they’re waiting for my final grades before they decide?
They probably made a decision on you already. I don’t think 2 classes will have too much weight. If they assume you will get an A in both, will it change your GPA that much? Probably not.

Reactions: 1 users
I would assume that if you have a lower GPA and are on an upwards trend, they may factor that into their decision. Thats just my two cents.
Do you think admissions consider what grade you get during summer school before making a decision for the lower GPA/lower DAT applicants? (Assuming you told them your planned courses for summer, fall, etc.)

If you mention that in your class plan as well as send the transcripts ASAP, they'll definitely take that into consideration. However, if you already have a low GPA, it's hard to move the needle with just summer classes.