summer classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

queenskillers

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
if you take courses at another school other than ur home college in the summer do u have to report it? for example, lets say ur not doin good in the course. will aadas find out that you took the course there and didnt report the transcript? im guessin they can find out through our soc sec numbers. however im also thinkin that its totally upto u, u send it if you want and aadas doesnt look deep into every applicant to see if they arent reportin things.

Members don't see this ad.

queenskillers said:
if you take courses at another school other than ur home college in the summer do u have to report it?
When it says that you have to enter every single course you have ever taken, then they mean it.

queenskillers said:
for example, lets say ur not doin good in the course. will aadas find out that you took the course there and didnt report the transcript? im guessin they can find out through our soc sec numbers.
They will probably find out sooner or later.

queenskillers said:
however im also thinkin that its totally upto u, u send it if you want and aadas doesnt look deep into every applicant to see if they arent reportin things.
Do you really want to risk your dental career by trying to beat the system? I guess you must have missed all those cheating scandal threads that have been posted on the forum.

Just suck it up like everyone else and just report all your classes.

bump...im not trying to beat the system. it could be possible that this is optional. imma start calling some dental schools to see what they say but mean while id appreciate ne feedback

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll go ahead and save you the call. AADSAS will not check and see if you submited your transcripts from every school you attended. Everything you put on your application is based on the honor system. You type in all your classes you have ever taken and submit transcripts from every school you've taken classes at (this is MANDATORY, not optional). All AADSAS will do is verify the information you give them and calculate your GPA which will then be sent to dental schools.

AADSAS won't check up on you. Dental schools may or may not check on you either since they go through thousands of applications. BUT, what if they decide to audit your application and coursework? If they found out that you deliberately withheld classwork on your application, they'll kick your butt to the curb, and you can pretty much kiss your dental career goodbye.

Every one else on this forum submitted all their transcripts despite their occasional bad grades. Other applicants even have sub 3.0 averages but you don't see them switching to a different school and hiding their past from dental schools. You're going to hear the same thing from any other poster on this forum and the same thing from dental schools as well. If you decide to call them, I hope you don't give them your name, because if you do and they find out that you applied to their program, they'll either go over your application with a fine toothed comb or just black list you all together.

But it's bad to not do well in a summer course at a CC or local university.

Then don't do bad....if it's too late, it's too late. I had a few stupid Bs from CC in summer school, because I believed the idea that if it doesn't count toward your University's GPA it doesn't matter - basically pass or fail, right? But if you're good, you're good and your OVERALL academic background is a testament to your success. Like those who don't catch on to college for a few semesters and then kick it into gear. They stepped it up and the schools will see that. Think BIG picture!