Summer course load

Started by arkgal
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

arkgal

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am going to be taking Physcs 1 and 2 (lecture and lab) this summer, which will let me graduate December 08. The only thing I'd be taking the Fall semester after summer would be Biochemistry. Then I get my degree. I could take Biochemistry this summer (lecture only) along with Physics 2 which would let me graduate in the Summer. I plan on waiting a year to enter pharmacy school. Graduating in the summer and working full time a whole year would put me in a much better situation financially for Pharmacy school. Now my question is, do you think it would be overload to take both physics 2 and biochem together in a 4 week term? It would be nice to graduate a semester earlier but I don't want to do it at the expense of grades. So I was wondering what you guys think. Is it a good idea or not?

Thanks.
 
biochem is hard, unless you are really good at physics and you don't care about your GPA.
 
physics 2 and biochem together in a 4 week term plus both labs would be a lot. I would just take that one class in the fall and graduate in december. You can still work and save money while taking that one class.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree, take Biochem by itself and do great in it. With only one class two or three times a week you can definitely work part time and save money anyway and still do well. Plus you can work full time all spring semester and the summer before pharmacy school.