summer externship programs available?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neurotrancer

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I saw in a thread below 2 links to summer programs but thought it would be good to start an individual thread where if anyone knows about any summer opportunities for med students between 1st and 2nd year to do an externship this summer.

Does anyone know of any PM&R summer externship programs other than the ones in Connecticut and at Northwestern.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have a more current list of summer externships available? None of the ones listed above work with the academic calendars of any schools I have been accepted to.

Does anyone have a more current list of summer externships available? None of the ones listed above work with the academic calendars of any schools I have been accepted to.

The 2007 info is not up yet but here's the RIC link http://www.medschool.northwestern.edu/depts/pmr/residency/extninfo1.html

I think there were externs last year who started a week late or ended a littler early so I believe they do accomodate. There are sdners who did this externship so hopefully they will contribute.

I regret not applying for this...if you want to do PM&R, or are interested in research, do it! I think Taus did it, maybe he/she can contribute to the experience of it.

Does anyone have information regarding the program in Connecticut? I am pretty sure there aren't any residencies in PM&R in CT so I'd be interested to find out where this externship is taking place.

-J

I regret not applying for this...if you want to do PM&R, or are interested in research, do it! I think Taus did it, maybe he/she can contribute to the experience of it.
Hey...I did the RIC program this past summer....in short...it was fantastic...if you have any specific questions feel free to PM or email me.

I found that the Indiana program was really only open to their own students (even though it wasn't advertised that way) and did not hear anything about the Conn program when I was looking around. The Cinci program seemed to be the closest thing to the RIC one...several of my fellow externs had also applied to that one.

There was one student this past summer who had a scheduling conflict, but I'm not sure how that figured into her getting accepted and how it was worked out.