1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

summer externship programs available?

Discussion in 'PM&R' started by neurotrancer, Apr 8, 2004.

1. neurotrancer

7+ Year Member

Hi,

I saw in a thread below 2 links to summer programs but thought it would be good to start an individual thread where if anyone knows about any summer opportunities for med students between 1st and 2nd year to do an externship this summer.

Does anyone know of any PM&R summer externship programs other than the ones in Connecticut and at Northwestern.

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Finally M3

Finally M3 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
  4. Buster Douglas

Buster Douglas Unregistered User
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
  5. p9142

p9142 UR out of your element!
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Does anyone have a more current list of summer externships available? None of the ones listed above work with the academic calendars of any schools I have been accepted to.

6. axm397

axm397 SDN Moderator
    Moderator Physician SDN Advisor 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    The 2007 info is not up yet but here's the RIC link http://www.medschool.northwestern.edu/depts/pmr/residency/extninfo1.html

I think there were externs last year who started a week late or ended a littler early so I believe they do accomodate. There are sdners who did this externship so hopefully they will contribute.

7. stretch210

stretch210 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I regret not applying for this...if you want to do PM&R, or are interested in research, do it! I think Taus did it, maybe he/she can contribute to the experience of it.

8. DOctorJay

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Does anyone have information regarding the program in Connecticut? I am pretty sure there aren't any residencies in PM&R in CT so I'd be interested to find out where this externship is taking place.

-J

9. Taus

Taus .
    Moderator 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hey...I did the RIC program this past summer....in short...it was fantastic...if you have any specific questions feel free to PM or email me.

I found that the Indiana program was really only open to their own students (even though it wasn't advertised that way) and did not hear anything about the Conn program when I was looking around. The Cinci program seemed to be the closest thing to the RIC one...several of my fellow externs had also applied to that one.

There was one student this past summer who had a scheduling conflict, but I'm not sure how that figured into her getting accepted and how it was worked out.