Summer Genetics Course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twosoakers

Addict & Western U '11
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I need a summer genetics course. I've already taken it, but it's beyond the timeline. Does anyone know of any credible online genetics courses or summer genetics courses in the Indiana/Illinois area? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I need a summer genetics course. I've already taken it, but it's beyond the timeline. Does anyone know of any credible online genetics courses or summer genetics courses in the Indiana/Illinois area? Thanks.

I've posted this info in other threads before, but in case you haven't seen...

ESC offers Genetics online. Not sure if it'll be offered this summer, but here's the info:

www.esc.edu and direct link to the course catalog online:
http://www.esc.edu/esconline/across...links2/Distance+Learning+Catalog?opendocument

no, i didn't see that! thanks, cookie!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oregon State University also has an online summer genetics course, although I am not sure how it works with the forced prerequisites and how expensive it is. They also offer Principles of Animal Nutrition in the summer online.

i looked at illinois, and my out-of-state cost was 1676! arrgh!

anyway, i found a VERY nice prof. at Purdue who's offered to do an independent study with me this summer. woohoo!! yay for graduate tuition waivers!

Make sure whatever school you are taking genetics for accepts independent study classes for pre-reqs. Some of them don't, and since I made the mistake of not checking beforehand, I ran into some problems with some schools. :(

western does, so long as the prof. sends them a letter describing the material studied, the grading process, and the credit hours. thanks for the heads-up, though!