summer internship in another state?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ford

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im currently a 1pd in florida and have my internship license for florida. i have a friend out in seattle that i can stay with and i'd like to see a different part of the country. is it possible for me to do an internship in another state over the summer? if so what do i need to do?

Members don't see this ad.

im currently a 1pd in florida and have my internship license for florida. i have a friend out in seattle that i can stay with and i'd like to see a different part of the country. is it possible for me to do an internship in another state over the summer? if so what do i need to do?

You need to be licensed as an intern in the state where you want to go (ie your Florida license does not allow you to intern anywhere outside of Florida.)

I'm looking at the Mayo internship in Minnesota (still no interview invite so probably will not get it since it's 2 weeks until responses are due) and they said that you need a Minnesota intern license. I checked with Pennsylvania (where I'm licensed) to make sure it accepts intern hours from other states, and it does. I think most, if not all other states, do as well.