Summer internship-unorthodox

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nampa1

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a P2 student interested in non-retail summer internships. My interest is pretty broad, corporate, hospital, federal government, etc. I'm particularly interested in something that would bring me to Hawaii or overseas.

I've been reduced to cold calling VAs and I found the Pzier (sp) website app. What else is out there? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a P2 student interested in non-retail summer internships. My interest is pretty broad, corporate, hospital, federal government, etc. I'm particularly interested in something that would bring me to Hawaii or overseas.

I've been reduced to cold calling VAs and I found the Pzier (sp) website app. What else is out there? Thanks.

In case you're still wondering, it's actually "Pfizer."

In the hospital, do you mean internships as in experiences during a whole summer and only the summer where you work as an intern, or just a job during the summer in a hospital pharmacy?

I was gonna say nuclear pharmacy, but you usually have to interview first with companies like Cardinal Health, Covidien, etc.

You might also look into independent pharmacies if that interests you at all.

Your school might have research during the summer and research experiences usually come with a stipend. You could look into that to see if that's what you want to do.

Are you dead-set on a pharmacy job?
If not, I used to work (and may still work in the future) for CTY. It's basically a chain of camps for gifted kids that is run by Johns Hopkins University. There are both residential positions and instructional positions. They have a site in Hawaii and several sites overseas (though the overseas ones are extremely competitive and you need to know the local language for most). IMO it's the best summer job in the world and there are jobs for people of all ages (from people that finished 1st year of college to 50 year old HS teachers) and experience levels. Last year I actually got to TA pharmacology through this program (somewhat pharmacy related), but they don't have that class at Hawaii/international sites.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you dead-set on a pharmacy job?
If not, I used to work (and may still work in the future) for CTY. It's basically a chain of camps for gifted kids that is run by Johns Hopkins University. There are both residential positions and instructional positions. They have a site in Hawaii and several sites overseas (though the overseas ones are extremely competitive and you need to know the local language for most). IMO it's the best summer job in the world and there are jobs for people of all ages (from people that finished 1st year of college to 50 year old HS teachers) and experience levels. Last year I actually got to TA pharmacology through this program (somewhat pharmacy related), but they don't have that class at Hawaii/international sites.

There are a lot of programs like this if you're interested. Northwestern university also runs a cool one. The only prereq for being a TA is being smart and having some college level experience in the subject

In case you're still wondering, it's actually "Pfizer."

In the hospital, do you mean internships as in experiences during a whole summer and only the summer where you work as an intern, or just a job during the summer in a hospital pharmacy?

I was gonna say nuclear pharmacy, but you usually have to interview first with companies like Cardinal Health, Covidien, etc.

You might also look into independent pharmacies if that interests you at all.

Your school might have research during the summer and research experiences usually come with a stipend. You could look into that to see if that's what you want to do.

Actually any of these are good, hospital, government, corporate, but I would like it to be pharmacy related.

Well, google is your best friend in this situation...just google "pharmacy internship" or something along the lines.

Also the Mayo Clinic seems to have a nice program. Very competitive though.

I myself applied for the Johns Hopkins internship, but the application deadline has passed so you can't apply there this year.