Summer internship while on rotations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted390966

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apply for a job wherever you get assigned for the IPPE?

Sounds like its pretty impossible to do the "typical" intern position. Mine was 30 hrs/week for the 3 months, cutting a month out of that would be pointless.

Why not just try getting a normal "job" during the school year and working weekends during that 4 week stint.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, the problem is not finding a job in the same city... It is to tell employers that I'll need 4 weeks off... But many Pharm schools make students do IPPE during the summers, and many students have intern jobs, so... maybe it works out?

I've heard that internship very important to find employment post-graduation, right? I don't have transportation so I can't work during academic year.

Sounds like you need to ask around from people who go to your school....

I did both my IPPEs over winter breaks instead of summer breaks so I could do real internships over summer. It sucked but it was worth it, just get one ASAP and worry about this problem when it actually comes up. If your manager can't figure out how to work around your schedule for 4 weeks during the summer then working there might not be a great idea in the first place.

I did both my IPPEs over winter breaks instead of summer breaks so I could do real internships over summer. It sucked but it was worth it, just get one ASAP and worry about this problem when it actually comes up. If your manager can't figure out how to work around your schedule for 4 weeks during the summer then working there might not be a great idea in the first place.
While I agree on your first point (I too, loaded up my busy times with electives so my "slow" times were indeed slow without electives so I could work more), the last part I dont agree with. The OP wants an internship for 12 weeks but then wants to randomly decide he cant work 4 of them....Not saying its his/her fault but those are pretty unreasonable requirements for an employer.

While I agree on your first point (I too, loaded up my busy times with electives so my "slow" times were indeed slow without electives so I could work more), the last part I dont agree with. The OP wants an internship for 12 weeks but then wants to randomly decide he cant work 4 of them....Not saying its his/her fault but those are pretty unreasonable requirements for an employer.
Oh, I didn't read the his second post. I was under the impression that he'd be a long-term employee, he'd just be starting in the summer.

On that note, I agree. No one is going to hire you under those conditions OP. Either try to work as an intern regularly during school or start finding and applying for 2-3 month summer long internships.