1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Summer Internship

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ChrisM07, Apr 19, 2007.

1. ChrisM07

ChrisM07 Dental Student
    10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hey Guys,

I contacted a cosmetic dentist in my area and I set up an internship for myself for about a month this summer. I am really really excited and was wondering if there is anything I shouldnt ask him. You know, like asking something that seems harmless but is actually offensive to a practicing dentist. I read a post on here and someone did that and a few of you picked up on it immediately. So I was just wondering, among all the things that I want to ask, what shouldnt be asked?

Also, he said on the phone that being in a practice is more than just science its also business. I will only be there for about a month, should I try to get acquainted with the business side of it as well or shouldnt I worry about that now?

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. IcemanDDS

IcemanDDS Dr of Dental Shadowing
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Take in as muuuch as you can. But, focus mainly on the dentistry part. Ask lots of questions (at the right times). And nothing like "how much money do you make" or "do you ever wish you were a real doctor" etc, you know. I usually ask a lot about procedures mainly.