Summer job ideas for pre-med undergrads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jojoinak

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently finishing my SO year and am perusing a BS in biology. My advisor has suggested that I find a summer job related to my major. I’ve applied for various research opportunities but was extremely selective to the schools that i applied to which kind of worries me now that all the applications are closed. I have also applied to do part time scribing through ScribeAmerica, the only problem is that I’m from Alaska and they are only servicing one of the three hospitals there, so im sure there will be limited positions . Does anyone else have alternatives that may stand out when applying for Med school?
Thanks!
 
Seriously speaking, dishwasher. It taught me about be thankful for what I have and who I have. Learned a lot about humility and what it's like living paycheck to paycheck. A lot of older physicians appreciate my hard work ethic, courtesy, and professionalism because of this.

It's not med-related but many of the physicians I work with constantly ask me about it and relate to when they worked as a freight hand or some blue collar job to fund their education back in the day.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad