Summer MCAT and 2008 applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimberli2002

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if taking the MCAT in July will put my application at a disadvantage for incoming class 2008? I already took the MCAT (10P 10B 7V) but want to score better. Any advice is appreciated. Best of luck to everyone!:D

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if taking the MCAT in July will put my application at a disadvantage for incoming class 2008? I already took the MCAT (10P 10B 7V) but want to score better. Any advice is appreciated. Best of luck to everyone!:D

27 is an appreciable score. You can apply with that score on AACOMAS, and then let schools know to expect a second score. That way you're not delayed at all. If you wait to get your July MCAT, you won't get your application in until mid-August.

-z

By the way, when is the AACOMAS application available to be filled out? As with AMCAS, does AACOMAS allow the app to be filled out prior to the date it is actually accepted?

27 is an appreciable score. You can apply with that score on AACOMAS, and then let schools know to expect a second score. That way you're not delayed at all. If you wait to get your July MCAT, you won't get your application in until mid-August.

-z

Yea, I agree. 27 is a decent score. Apply early and mark on AACOMAS to say you are retaking. I know people who were accepted to schools while waiting for their second MCAT score to come out. Good luck!:luck: