summer medical Spanish at UAG

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ED I

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello out there has anyone attended this program...I'm a nontraditional pre-med, advanced beginner in reference to speaking Spanish.
Can anyone share experiences as a med student or considering this program?
thanks and have a wonderful weekend

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am considering the program at UAG for the Fall 2019. I am a non traditional student as well. I am currently attending a Cal State University.

I am considering the program at UAG for the Fall 2019. I am a non traditional student as well. I am currently attending a Cal State University.
I speak Spanish as an advanced beginner and I’m taking a tour of university while I’m there. I want to immerse myself in the culture

Members don't see this ad :)
I speak Spanish as an advanced beginner and I’m taking a tour of university while I’m there. I want to immerse myself in the culture
Great to hear! Please find out as much as you can and let me know what you think. My wife and I plan to go there sometime this year to go and explore the campus and surrounding area. My wife is a native Spanish speaker so I really plan to master the Spanish language with her help. Good luck on your tour. When do you plan on attending UAG School of Medicine?

Are y’all looking at attending medical school at UAG?

Hello out there has anyone attended this program...I'm a nontraditional pre-med, advanced beginner in reference to speaking Spanish.
Can anyone share experiences as a med student or considering this program?
thanks and have a wonderful weekend

Hi, I am current 2nd year student at UAG, classes are in English but learning the langauge will help you in your daily life in the city and as you practice on patients. Yes, you are offered opportunities to do clinical rotations in your first year where you meet with local patients, supervised by an attending physician. The classes are in english but the porfessors are mostly native spanish speakers so they will have an accent and some more than others but, when have you not encountered a foreign professor with a terrible accent in the united states? lol There english is good and if you don't understand something they have open office hours and you can do 1 on 1 to get a better grasp of the material.
Hope this helped and best of luck!!

Great to hear! Please find out as much as you can and let me know what you think. My wife and I plan to go there sometime this year to go and explore the campus and surrounding area. My wife is a native Spanish speaker so I really plan to master the Spanish language with her help. Good luck on your tour. When do you plan on attending UAG School of Medicine?
I could not go to summer program I will be taking a tour in August to find out what's going on. I hope I meet students around town because I will be there for a week...

Hi, I am current 2nd year student at UAG, classes are in English but learning the langauge will help you in your daily life in the city and as you practice on patients. Yes, you are offered opportunities to do clinical rotations in your first year where you meet with local patients, supervised by an attending physician. The classes are in english but the porfessors are mostly native spanish speakers so they will have an accent and some more than others but, when have you not encountered a foreign professor with a terrible accent in the united states? lol There english is good and if you don't understand something they have open office hours and you can do 1 on 1 to get a better grasp of the material.
Hope this helped and best of luck!!
I’m in a cab in Guadalajara right now on my way to take a tour of UAG ...I hope I can connect with Med students...I almost sure I will be directed to the wonderful things...not the realistic scenario