Summer PCAT too late?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by stablecarbocation, 09.25.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. stablecarbocation

stablecarbocation

Non-Student
    Hi,

I am really new to this and I searched. I am currently in another health profession (B.S. and M.S. degrees) and will apply for 2016 PharmD admission. I've already research schools regarding prerequisites, etc. I also have LOR arrangements so the letters will be available sans the PharmCAS recommendation form.

I plan to take the PCAT for the first time in Summer of 2015. Will it be in June or July? I can't find the information but I see some years it's June and others July.

If I complete the PCAT in Summer of 2015 the official score will not be available until at least August. How much of a disadvantage is this? I already see people getting interviews and acceptances and it's not even October yet.

Thank you and good luck!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. gagequintin

gagequintin

I took the pcat July 17th this year and had my PCAT scores on my PharmCAS on like august 18th. And submitted my app a few days later. It's not that bad because even if you do early decision you can make the deadline. I received my first interview invite on Monday this week.

About the ads