Summer PCAT too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stablecarbocation

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am really new to this and I searched. I am currently in another health profession (B.S. and M.S. degrees) and will apply for 2016 PharmD admission. I've already research schools regarding prerequisites, etc. I also have LOR arrangements so the letters will be available sans the PharmCAS recommendation form.

I plan to take the PCAT for the first time in Summer of 2015. Will it be in June or July? I can't find the information but I see some years it's June and others July.

If I complete the PCAT in Summer of 2015 the official score will not be available until at least August. How much of a disadvantage is this? I already see people getting interviews and acceptances and it's not even October yet.

Thank you and good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I am really new to this and I searched. I am currently in another health profession (B.S. and M.S. degrees) and will apply for 2016 PharmD admission. I've already research schools regarding prerequisites, etc. I also have LOR arrangements so the letters will be available sans the PharmCAS recommendation form.

I plan to take the PCAT for the first time in Summer of 2015. Will it be in June or July? I can't find the information but I see some years it's June and others July.

If I complete the PCAT in Summer of 2015 the official score will not be available until at least August. How much of a disadvantage is this? I already see people getting interviews and acceptances and it's not even October yet.

Thank you and good luck!
I took the pcat July 17th this year and had my PCAT scores on my PharmCAS on like august 18th. And submitted my app a few days later. It's not that bad because even if you do early decision you can make the deadline. I received my first interview invite on Monday this week.