Summer Plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keyy200tx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys, i need some help here.I am planning to take Cal 1 with Stat during summer 1, but Cal will go into the first week of summer 2. I plan on taking Gen.Chem 2.. Do you think its doable ?
Or i can forget about Cal. and take only stat summer 1 and summer 2 take Gen.Chem 2 and Physic 2..... I dont need physic two but i am enjoying Physic 1 now and will like to finish the series if possible.
I must finish Gen.Chem before summer is over so that i can apply for next fall.

Please i will appreciate any input. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

So you'll have a bit of overlap of Calculus into Gen. Chem 2? You seem like you're prepared for that (You're enjoying Physics???) and only you know yourself well enough to make that call.

Certainly if you're a "science guy/girl" then a bit of overrun of Calc. into Chem 2 won't bug you much.

You could consider taking Physics 2 the next summer (prior to your matriculation, even) and since it's not a pre-requisite, you'd be fine.

Thanks.....I will be preparing for Oct.. PCAT while taking Org 1 and Micro Bio...... I think is doable........ I will take Cal 2 if i make a A in Cal 1.... Cal 1 is 5 credit hrs.. here so i cant afford a B it wil drop your GPA.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks.....I will be preparing for Oct.. PCAT while taking Org 1 and Micro Bio...... I think is doable........ I will take Cal 2 if i make a A in Cal 1.... Cal 1 is 5 credit hrs.. here so i cant afford a B it wil drop your GPA.....
Well, you'll find that the PCAT is extremely similar to your undergraduate coursework so far, and having Calc 1 under your belt will only help you be more prepared.

Chances are, if you've been getting solid grades, an 80 PCAT composite with minimal preparation isn't difficult. That is, if you're not bad at standardized testing, etc.

Only a handful of schools require two semesters of Calculus so you might want to think about whether you really want to even bother taking it, also.

I think you got a point there....... I consider myself to be good at math, but i always forget the formulas after awhile so i think i will need like a month to prepare for the pcat.
Thanks for the information........ i am just scared of the pcat anyway