Summer Research Internships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bugmenot29

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As you guys know there are many summer internships for minority. However, I'm currently applying to summer internships at very highly ranked med/grad schools and i was just wondering if someone could tell me anything about the competitiveness of these programs. My gpa is on the low side somewhere between a 3.0 and 3.5 and I was just wondering about my chances at these competitive programs if i have decent extracurriculars.etc....lemme know.
 
It is always better to have a higher GPA, because in the end it is a competition. However I have found that a call between someone from your school and the school that is running the program tends to help alot. My undergrad did some of that, but not all do.