1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

summer research job

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by AlphaQUp, Apr 21, 2007.

1. AlphaQUp

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I was looking for a job and the options were the usual - in retail, restaurants, etc. However, I recently got the opportunity to do research at a hospital over the summer.

I figure I should do something that will actually be worthwhile putting on my resume and hey, I might even get a publication out of it.

But will the fact that it's hospital based as opposed to being basic science or dental related hurt me? Research experience is research experience, right?

Also, this is not my only research experience, I am also doing basic science research here at school during the year.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Drill2Fill

Drill2Fill DentalStudentWannabe
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I agree research experience is research experience, go for it.

4. koochooloo

koochooloo SugarNaCl's bestest bud!
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    ya it def wont hurt you...i did research on beetles and they were interested and asked about it in every interview