Summer Research Program-Rejected at one program, chances at remainging programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

vandyfootball

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Vanderbilt Student, Texas Resident, Freshman Status.

First Semester Gpa- 3.55 =( [I know its bad, but Vandy students with a 3.5+/30 mcat+ have a 90 percent shot at medical schools]

LORs- Great, my professors let me read them

ECs First Semester
1. Worked in a lab for 3 weeks-Pharmacology lab at Vandy's Medical School
2. Pre-Med Club
3. Youth Club
4. Intramural Football

Applied to:
1. Baylor SMART
2. UTMB Program-Houston
3. UTMB Program-Galveston
4. UTMB Program-MD Anderson Cancer Center

Rejected at UTMB-Galveston SURP -----They accepted 25 students out of 200 applications

Still Waiting on Baylor SMART, UTMB-HOUSTON, UTMB-MD ANDERSON CANCER CENTER.........NERVOUS:scared:😕:scared:
 
hang in there, you are probably on waiting list for those programs, so hopefully spots will start to open up; getting in as freshman is always the hardest and it only gets easier as you get more research experience
I applied to three back when i was freshman, and only got into 1 REU the first time (yea all those summer programs are like <10% admittance, so you never know).
 
^^^^ Thank-you for the help, I was just rejected from Baylor Smart, but I knew that was coming, because when I told them that I am a freshman, they told me that they don't take freshman.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad