Summer Scholars OU-COM 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

volleygirl1983

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently accepted into the Summer Scholars program at OU-COM for Summer 2008. Wanted to know who else was accepted and discuss the program. If you have any thoughts, feel free to post

Members don't see this ad.

Hello how are you? When did you hear about the acceptance? How did they inform you? Just wanted to know because I applied also but haven't heard anything.

Hello! I heard about my acceptance about two weeks ago. They informed me via mobile phone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, how are you doing? Thanks for the reply. I was just wondering how you heard from them so I can be looking out.:laugh::laugh:

I applied last year around this time and never heard anything back until I called the admissions office only to find out I hadn't made it and that the acceptance letters had already been sent out :oops:.

O well, I interviewed at OUCOM in sept., was accepted, and will be attending there. So it isn't the end of the world if you aren't accepted.

Hope this information helps and isn't a doomsday message.

Yes, I do believe that it's through Ohio University. I was wandering how many ppl actually heard of the program. The program really sounds like a great idea and an opportunity that could open many doors in the future.

So sorry for my late reply. I just got back from the Dominican Republic. To answer your question. The director of the program called me on my cell phone and then sent me an email to let me know I was accepted. Have you called the office to speak with them?

Hello ther Volleygirl welcome back! I did contact the office and I'm just waiting. Thanks.

Oh ok. Well I really hope I have the opportunity to meet you this summer!

Well still no word volleygirl. I'm not sure what I'm going to do this year but I don't think I will be applying again this year. Well congrats to you and I hope you have a wonderful experience in Ohio this summer.

I got accepted into the program as well! I'm so excited!! It starts on my 21st birthday...well we get there on my birthday (June 12th). I'm kinda bummed since it's 4 hours away and I won't know anyone. But hopefully, we can all meet. Did you take your MCAT? I just took mine today. Bleh! I'm glad it's over though. I'm looking forward to the interview! Can't wait to meet everyone!