summer school grades from jc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Haybrant

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Before I started undergrad i took some summer school classes at a local JC as a high school student. The classes show up on my undergrad transcript and give me units but do not give grades. Should i list those classes with their grades and send a transcript from this school? Will those classes be weighed into my gpa (intro to psychology and physics classes)? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a transcript from the JC with those classes and their grades?

gaf said:
Is there a transcript from the JC with those classes and their grades?

yes, there is....also, the amcas says you need to send transcripts from all post-secondary colleges: does this include the JC I took these two classes at even though I took them during high school? And would that be counted as part of my amcas gpa? thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you should send your transcript from the jc to AMCAS. B/c you received credit for the classes (and they appeared on your undergrad transcript), I have the feeling AMCAS will want an official transcript. And what do you have to lose by sending it in?

The physics classes will be weighted into your BCMP gpa, the intro psych classes will affect your overall gpa.

oh- and the amcas instruction booklet says an official transcript is required for college-level courses attempted while in high school (pg 24)

I think you still need to send the official transcript. Check out pg 25 of the instruction booklet: "Many students attempt college-level courses while in high school..... blah blah blah.... but should be listed on the application under the name of the college."

Bottom line: send it in or AMCAS may hassle you later on. Is there a reason you don't want to send it in? How did you do in the jc classes?

Haybrant said:
anyone? im sure someone out there has had this question no?

Yes, you need to send in those grades, seeing as they are on your school transcripts. AMCAS will hold up your file if transcripts they receive reference something that they don't have a copy of. It happened to me with a foreign language proficiency test I took from another school to bypass the general ed language requirement at my school. No credit was given for the test, but since it was on there, they asked me to submit it anyways to complete their file.

Haybrant said:
anyone? im sure someone out there has had this question no?

I had the same issue as you. You are supposed to send in JC college transcripts even if you took those classes before undergrad. good luck :thumbup: