SUNY Buffalo interview waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KristenD77

Predent
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received an email from SUNY Buffalo saying that I was not selected for an interview at this time but they will continue to review my file. I guess that is the same thing as an interview waitlist. I was wondering, has anyone received the same email and still got an interview at some point?

Members don't see this ad.

I received an email from SUNY Buffalo saying that I was not selected for an interview at this time but they will continue to review my file. I guess that is the same thing as an interview waitlist. I was wondering, has anyone received the same email and still got an interview at some point?

From my experience, it is a soft rejection. I received it last year and worked on my app this year and I received it again. Sorry. But who knows, maybe it'll be different for you.

So I just got this email this morning:

As our DDS Admissions Committee continues to evaluate candidates, we understand some applicants have already accepted offers from other dental schools. Please take a few moments to fill out our survey signifying your present interest in our program. Please contact our office [email protected] with any questions.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Buffalo has ignored my emails and have NOT sent me anything.

I got neither of those emails and I applied in July. Its crazy cause Im a NY applicant.

And you have good stats from what I remember. It will come! Waiting is a bi&&h... I know.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

As our DDS Admissions Committee continues to evaluate candidates, we understand some applicants have already accepted offers from other dental schools. Please take a few moments to fill out our survey signifying your present interest in our program. Please contact our office [email protected] with any questions.

Getting ready to email them a 5 page novel about my life story.

Just wrote a letter of intent. Hope they actually open mine.

Will a letter of intent move you up the waitlist?

Did you receive a Continuing Review email earlier in the cycle?

How are the chances for OOS applicants to get off the waiting list?