KristenD77

Predent
5+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2012
I received an email from SUNY Buffalo saying that I was not selected for an interview at this time but they will continue to review my file. I guess that is the same thing as an interview waitlist. I was wondering, has anyone received the same email and still got an interview at some point?

DMDDDSHopeful

Achievement Unlocked: Dental School
2+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
I received an email from SUNY Buffalo saying that I was not selected for an interview at this time but they will continue to review my file. I guess that is the same thing as an interview waitlist. I was wondering, has anyone received the same email and still got an interview at some point?
From my experience, it is a soft rejection. I received it last year and worked on my app this year and I received it again. Sorry. But who knows, maybe it'll be different for you.

tunastar

2+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2016
Status
Dental Student
So I just got this email this morning:

As our DDS Admissions Committee continues to evaluate candidates, we understand some applicants have already accepted offers from other dental schools. Please take a few moments to fill out our survey signifying your present interest in our program. Please contact our office [email protected] with any questions.

Likkriue

2+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2016
New York City
Status
Dental Student
Buffalo has ignored my emails and have NOT sent me anything.

I got neither of those emails and I applied in July. Its crazy cause Im a NY applicant.

tunastar

2+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2016
Status
Dental Student
And you have good stats from what I remember. It will come! Waiting is a bi&&h... I know.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Feb 9, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental

As our DDS Admissions Committee continues to evaluate candidates, we understand some applicants have already accepted offers from other dental schools. Please take a few moments to fill out our survey signifying your present interest in our program. Please contact our office [email protected] with any questions.

Getting ready to email them a 5 page novel about my life story.

evguy

2+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Will a letter of intent move you up the waitlist?

Aug 3, 2014
Status
Dental Student

Did you receive a Continuing Review email earlier in the cycle?