SUNY Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbllplya

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To those who are at Buffalo..
I heard that it is ranked really high clinically. Is this true?
To those from a big city, how do you find the transition to a smaller city, like Buffalo?
Any other comments about the school?

Members don't see this ad.

it's not that small... 1.1 million people in the metro area!

It's a state school. Admin sucks A$$. too much politics and we students are the ones who pay. The "old boys club" here runs everything.

Clinic is AWESOME. Patients are generally very accepting of the TX Plans, but there are exceptions. We now have a new Clinic Director Who is making great changes (too bad I'll be gone by the time they are implemented) He's Dr Munoz from Loma Linda??? Any body know him? And alol the Old Boys are retiring in the next couple of years.

If you want to be a good Dentist and can ignore the politics and lousy support or rather lack of support that the admin shows (i.e. You dont mind being treated like SHI+) buffalo is a good choice.

BTW I'm leaving after graduation, Winter is HELL. I dont want to ever see snow or be cold again.

what about specializations? Do many people get matched into programs coming from UB?