Quantcast

SUNY Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grincheola

drugs are bad m'kay
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Is there anyone else here applying to SUNY Buffalo? If so I am curious about stats, I just got my PCAT scores and did well except for math. Anyone know what Buffalo wants as far as scores? Any help would be great. Thanks.

ladybugs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone else here applying to SUNY Buffalo? If so I am curious about stats, I just got my PCAT scores and did well except for math. Anyone know what Buffalo wants as far as scores? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Hi. When I called early fall they said they required a min score of 380% (they add up your percent score for each section). Do you know when they interview regular applicants? I know they are interviewing early assurance candidates now. Ciao!

grincheola

drugs are bad m'kay
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know when they interview regular applicants but I hope it's soon. Thank you for that number, mine added up is 432%, seems ok. Let me know how you are doing with them. I'm trying to get ahold of someone to go over my PCAT scores with. What other schools are you applying to?

penguins429

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys... I applied to UB last year, wound up getting waitlisted ... last year my PCAT added up to be a 519 total, granted my GPA wasn't stellar, but still figured I was a good applicant ... I called UB over the summer to see what would make me a better applicant, and they said to try to get all the PCAT sections above an 80% (at the time my reading and bio was below 80%) ... this year, I got all my sections above 95%, adding up to 584%, so I'm hoping things turn out a little bit better ... I don't really want to discourage you, but your math score is going to hurt you, so you might want to consider trying to improve that during the January PCAT ... just a thought

Hosstheboss

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im confused. How are you getting your PCAT to add up to over 495. If you get 99 on all 5 sections it adds up too 495. Are you adding the composite too.

penguins429

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
oh ... i was adding the composite too ... which from what I gathered is what schools included when adding the sections up ... but whatever

Hosstheboss

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ah ok. Sorry just wondering thanks. Makes me feel better haha. Really want to go to Buffalo.

grincheola

drugs are bad m'kay
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just talked to them. My math score isn't great but my math gpa is 3.88. I told them this and they said to include this information in my supplimental app. It was just a bad day for me on that math section. I am not going to take them over so I hope this works. It's ok if it doesnt, I have two back up schools that do not require a PCAT. They said you add up the five sections, not the composite and that has to add up to 300% or above. Their average score for the class this year was 395%. Mine added up is 352%. Maybe the fact that I have a B.A. and have done a ton of stuff in my undergrad will help, along with my gpa.

wish me luck guys! and good luck to all of you!

IExcalibui2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I was wondering how your application turned out because I currently go to UB and am trying for pharmacy. I keep constantly hearing that UB's standards are extraordinarily high compared to some other pharm schools and was wondering is that really true. Thats kind of what it sounds like from that previous post about the PCAT scores. Is it UB's standards or is it just that really good students apply here and make the competition even harder?

grincheola

drugs are bad m'kay
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure UB has really high standards. Could be for many reasons. They are the only SUNY school with a pharmacy program, and SUNY is half the cost of normal schools. They have a really good program as well, with lots of reasearch opportunities. If you go there then you have a better chance then someone who doesn't, sort of. If you keep a 3.5 or better I think you're gaurenteed a spot, as long as your PCAT is good. I think this information is correct, talk to them though, especially if you're there. I haven't heard anything on my app yet, thinking I won't get in though because of my math score. Good luck!