SUNY Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Punkjazz86

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just got my acceptance to Buffalo today and I'm pretty psyched! I just had two quick questions for anyone that goes there.

1. Are there lockers for pharmacy students to keep their jackets in? I don't remember seeing any on the tour, but I might just be forgetting. It would suck to have to carry a jacket around all day.

2. How close is the closest place to snowboard near Buffalo? I know pharmacy school will be a busy time, but I can dream can't I?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I heard it's about 3 degree F right now...and pretty much like that 9 months of the year..

The first question got answered while I was touring there. There are lockers but you can only get them starting your second year. Basically you can put whatever you want in there but the students I was with said they used them for lab stuff.

For the second question, I don't know how close the slopes are but they did tell us there is this sweet deal where you pay $90 for the year and a shuttle will take you there and you get in. The students also said they never had time to go...lol

Congrats on getting accepted!

Members don't see this ad :)
The first question got answered while I was touring there. There are lockers but you can only get them starting your second year. Basically you can put whatever you want in there but the students I was with said they used them for lab stuff.

For the second question, I don't know how close the slopes are but they did tell us there is this sweet deal where you pay $90 for the year and a shuttle will take you there and you get in. The students also said they never had time to go...lol

Congrats on getting accepted!

Slopes are within an hour I believe...The good ones at least...I was a member of the ski club as an undergrad..$99 in august bought you unlimited skiing all year. They provide coach bus travel to and from and pick up/drop off a few different places on campus. Good deal.

I brought my skis with me this year....I might be dreaming but I'm hoping for a chance to go.

UB has the Schusmeisters (sp) ski club and as people have said it's like 100-125 bucks to ski every day of the week at 5 or 6 different places. Mostly it's Kissing Bridge, which is about 45 minutes south of UB and Holiday Valley which is farther (about an hour and a half) but a much bigger resort. There's also 4 or 5 more in the area including Bristol Mountain, which is probably about 2 hours east, near the finger lakes. Bristol Mountain is awesome...pretty large, one of their trails is 2 miles long!

Hey man,

The guy above is right you don't get a locker your P1 year but I wouldn't worry about putting your jacket away. Classes are on both campuses (don't know if I spelled that right) so you'll want it to stay warm. That being said it's great school and I have enjoyed my first year so far. I'm very glad I choose UB over the other schools I got into. The snowboarding around here is very good and like someone said there are multiple mountains; the ski club is a good deal, I may do it next year. Good luck and I hope to see you next year.

Hoss

You can rent a locker for $50 a semester