Program-Specific Info / Q's SUNY Downstate 2018

Started by OT2018OT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

OT2018OT

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! Has anyone heard anything about interviews for SUNY Downstate yet? I'm nervous because I just checked the e-mail for the log-in and it says they notify by writing. I get a lot of lost letters at my current address and I'm home for the holidays. Thanks!
 
Hi everyone! Has anyone heard anything about interviews for SUNY Downstate yet? I'm nervous because I just checked the e-mail for the log-in and it says they notify by writing. I get a lot of lost letters at my current address and I'm home for the holidays. Thanks!
Hi, my daughter actually had an interview there today. She was notified by email about the interview invite.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi i also applied to downstate in November and I'm still waiting to hear back, I was wondering if your daughters status has changed because mine still says forwarded to committee for review?
 
I have an interview for Sunday! How did your daughters go and did she hear back yet?
Her interview went really well. The guy was really nice and she really likes the program. The only bad thing is the location, it's too far to really commute so if she got accepted and wanted to attend she would have to dorm. She hasn't heard back yet.
 
Her interview went really well. The guy was really nice and she really likes the program. The only bad thing is the location, it's too far to really commute so if she got accepted and wanted to attend she would have to dorm. She hasn't heard back yet.
The dorms are decent and convenient as they are across the street, but if she gets in she can also look into renting with future classmates in the surrounding Brooklyn area (a couple of my classmates do this) and she'll most likely save money.
 
I've seen in past years threads that they interview people and accept people up until may which can be frustrating 🙁 when did you apply?

Congratulations! I am still waiting to see if I will get an interview. :xf: Do you happen to know when they will be done with the interviews/no longer interviewing applicants?
 
I've seen in past years threads that they interview people and accept people up until may which can be frustrating 🙁 when did you apply?

I applied since September, the date the application opened up. 🙁 I don't know if it is maybe I am still a continuing undergraduate student (not graduating until Spring 2018) and they are waiting for more information first (I have been updating them with my updated transcripts and they told me they received them and I did tell them I was studying abroad until 1/24/2018). I remember speaking to the past students there and they said they usually only have around 5 people who get accepted right from undergraduate so the chances are slim.
 
I applied since September, the date the application opened up. 🙁 I don't know if it is maybe I am still a continuing undergraduate student (not graduating until Spring 2018) and they are waiting for more information first (I have been updating them with my updated transcripts and they told me they received them and I did tell them I was studying abroad until 1/24/2018). I remember speaking to the past students there and they said they usually only have around 5 people who get accepted right from undergraduate so the chances are slim.

Stay positive! I know a lot of people don't hear back for a while so positive thinking thats what im going with while I wait to back !
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad